Tuesday, January 01, 2013

My New Life

2012-Year in Review
Well, here I am, almost a year later from my last post, and now that I look back, I am so blessed in the things that have come my way. I find I have the most wonderful life. This last year I moved 530 miles with my beloved dog Chai to be with my boyfriend. We've shared our one year anniversary, each-others birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years! We also got a Hulk Truck and a nice Condo that were living in now...still only a 10 min walk to the beach! I am now a full California girl...got my drivers license, hotwheelz plates, and even changed my phone number!
In my move here to beautiful southern California, I have lost as well. My family seems so distant and unwelcoming. My mother hasn't talked to me in months, and my brother disowned me for silly reasons that I fear he will only regret in the coming years. I am still in contact with my 'foster' parents. I do talk to them here and there. I am so happy that they are still in my life. I miss all my friends very much, so I might plan a trip to see them!
My job is very good...I actually quit the job that I got when I moved here and got another the next day. Pretty amazing in this economy! Love my new job, it's the same thing I was doing before...banking...but it's full time now, and I'm still in the position where I'm not going to advance to anything or make anymore money anytime soon, as in the next 5-10 years or so. So I still need to get on board with a career. Which brings me to my next stop...school! I have applied at the community college here and I have gotten approved for a student aid. I have also taken the placement tests so I know where to start. I have only to do an orientation class and also take a academic advising class in order to proceed with taking my actual classes to start my path of getting a degree. I think that a lot of people don't think that I was going to go this far, cause whenever I mention what I've done it seems to surprise everyone. I need to do this, and finish this...this is my new goal this year as well as getting myself out of the crazy debt-hole that I've seem so create.
Diet and fitness is good...although fitness needs a lot more work. I seem to lack motivation at times to go to the gym, and on top of that I feel embarrassed to go as well. I just don't like being there when there is a lot of people, and since it's the new year, the gym's are usually crammed up by new years resolution people. It should calm down a bit within a month. I just need to kick my butt into gear and go!
So this last year has taught me much, and I still have more to learn. This next year I have many plans and I look forward to a lot of adventures. I want to be a bit more active in doing things like hiking, camping, walking on the beach...I also want to take a trip to Reno to see all my friends that I miss so much! I need to get this school thing going for me this next year, seriously get it going. Comic-Con is also in the works, and we hope to get tickets to go in July. Disneyland, and San Diego this year hopefully too...and planning for a future with my boyfriend.Yeay for 2013!!!

No comments: